Workshop Three: Our Brand is Chaos - advanced event planning for campaigners
Many campaign activities require the support of large groups of volunteers or loosely-knit partnerships. This places additional anxiety on the campaign team who must rely heavily on the reliability of strangers.
This workshop will equip you with the skills to organize their day of action event in the most extreme conditions.
It covers project management, strategic planning, budgeting, finance, promotions, marketing and sponsorship, operations and production, health and safety and risk management - with relevant case studies to aid learning.
We are delighted to welcome one of our new friends, Frank Kresin from the Waag Society as our guest speaker for Monday evening Impact Hub Amsterdam.
We met the Waag Society at the "Amsterdam Smart Citizens Lab" in Fab City earlier in June where we learned to fashion an air quality sensor out of a 'bong'. The Waag will also be opening the world's first pop-up microbial pet shop in the heart of Amsterdam's Red Light District on Friday - http://www.meetup.com/Dutch-DIY-Bio/events/231936483/.
As well as these highly creative event concepts, Frank has been involved in Apps for Europe, City SDK, Digital Social Innovation, Hack the Brain and Making Sense. Furthermore, he is board member at the Dutch Internet Society and The Mobile City, and an advisor to the Fund for the Creative Industries.
At the end of the workshop you will leave with:
- A project management plan in place with your activity planned out and ready to roll - including advanced check listing and tools to plan the largest of activities
- Appreciation of the importance of marketing, sponsorship and promotion of your event even in a purely Not-For-Profit scenario;
- A comprehensive understanding of the on-site operations and production processes, including key health and safety aspects
- Date: Monday, 25th July 2016
- Location: Impact Hub Amsterdam
- Time: 7:00 to 9:00pm
- Fee: €20
Sign Up For This Event
Please fill in your details and one of our team will be in touch shortly to confirm your place at the event