Advocacy to Action - The Pro-Hack-AthonThis September marks a key moment in the Global Goalnarrative. It's where leaders of government and industry will convene for the first General Assembly since the SDGs came into effect.
We invite you to join other socially conscious corporate communicators, sustainability executives,policy experts educators and social advocates on August 19, at Impact Hub Amsterdam to deep-dive into the recent happenings from the HLPF and other events this year, share knowledge and build an action plan to inspire local communities in September and beyond. On August 19 our intention is to:
- Interrogate the progress made in 2015-16 presented at the HLPF
- Identify common ground prior to the General Assembly and Social Good Summit - and bring these events 'home' so they have relevance in local countries and especially to the Youth
- Share unique experiences with experienced peers across diverse industries
- Form cross-industry and multi-country alliances to support the 2030 Agenda
It would be our honour to hear your experiences and also share our own work this year exploring public perceptions of the SDGs in Hong Kong, Korea, the Gulf Cooperation Council countries (GCC), London, the Netherlands and Budapest.
We would also be delighted to discuss our engagement with the UN Foundation's Global Communications Corp; reading the SDGs with communications undergraduates in Dubai; using the Global Goals to inspire social business across the GCC; and from debating global citizenship in Gyeongju with the UN DPI and UN Youth, with the aim to inspire and be inspired by others.
Our conversations will be facilitated through a series of advocacy-based workshops, facilitated conversations and networking exercises which we sincerely expect will form the basis of a productive and effective day of advocacy for action. I hope you will join us on August 19.
Want to know how to get involved?
...or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Date: Friday, 19th August 2016
- Location: Impact Hub Amsterdam
- Time: 09:00 to 16:00
- Fee: Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details
Sign Up For This Event
Please fill in your details and one of our team will be in touch shortly to confirm your place at the event